Freelance subtitler and translator in Yorkshire
Helping French and Italian-speaking businesses delight their English audiences.
Hi! I’m Chloe Stout.
I’m a freelance subtitler and translator based in beautiful Yorkshire, UK.
I’m here to help you get through to your ideal English-speaking customers.
Whether that’s by creating English subtitles for your videos or translating your marketing texts.
Most translators do what we do because we’ve been under the spell of language ever since we can remember.
And I’m no exception! I fell for French at primary school, and Italian when I was a teenager.
As part of my BA, I spent time as a teaching assistant in Italy. Once I’d graduated, I went into the world of e-Commerce, using both my French and my Italian.
But it wasn’t long until I realised translation was calling my name, did my MA, then dived headfirst into the freelance world.
Here are the main things you need to know about me:
Education and experience
- BA French and Italian, University of Leeds, 2012-2016
- French Marketplace Executive at Dependable Trading LTD, 2016-2018
- MA Audiovisual Translation (French and Italian to English), University of Leeds, 2018-2019
- Traineeship at the English translation unit at the Council of the European Union, 2019-2020
An extensive network
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists
- Member of the Yorkshire Translators and Interpreters network
- Member of the North West Translators Network
- Volunteer translator and proofreader for the United Nations since April 2020.
- Volunteer subtitler and transcriber for TED Talks since April 2019.
Away from my laptop
After a long day in front of a screen, I like to get creative!
I’ve always got an embroidery project on the go, and I love experimenting in the kitchen.
As Featured On
Freelanceverse: Audiovisual Translation
Subtitling Summarised webinar (CIOL members only)
Meet the Translator Podcast
Freelance Life: Behind the Scenes
Humans of Europe
Freelance Lifestyle Tips from Successful Translators
Is there anything else you’d like to know?
Or, are you ready to set your project in motion?
Then don’t be shy!